Thursday, July 24, 2014

Coloured classics

Today at a networking event, I brought up my love for fashion. Complimenting his patterned tie, the partner I was speaking to revealed that it was a Paul Smith one from the Big Apple. It sparked an idea: men's fashion. It hadn't crossed my mind before. Men's fashion, in my mind, has remained standard, especially with business casual. Regardless, fashion is a statement. It is a form of expressing any and all individuals.

Fittingly, I chose to highlight Paul Smith.

The men's Spring 2014 line plays up classic pieces with bold colours ranging from lights to darks. Big hits on pink, golden yellow, and navy. I particularly enjoy this look for playing in 3 distinct colours. A classic blue-grey trousers with a salmon shirt. Really love the burgundy leather jacket with its edgy cut. This is one of those styles that can easily come off runway onto the street. They've added a patterned scarf for that little extra something. For a little more edge, the yellow pants from the collection would also pair well.

No comments:

Post a Comment